Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Last snow before Spring?

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well, it was Sunday and I was reading my third book, Rebecca. I started read the book before I went to sleep and I slept at 2.30 a.m. and end up to overslept on Sunday morning. The weather looks fine but cloudy. I told my hubby that we can go to Denver tomorrow because I have to finish my reading or else I could not have some peace of mind. I made Ayam Masak Lemak for lunch and after cleaned up the dishes it's reading time. It started to snow around 4p.m. and I instantly knew that tomorrow trip's to Denver had to be postponed. Anyway, I finished read the book just before dinner and spent the night watching movies.

I'm not going to review the book but I'm going to tell you that hey, we have snow in March? I always fond of snow. I loves snow and watching it falling at night gives you a peace of mind and considering that I had finished all the books and no class tomorrow, it even more peaceful. The kids loves the snow too. I would like to go to Breckenridge once and maybe during the next Christmas break will be a good time then. Well, maybe....



The next day, Monday, was the grocery day where we're supposed to go to Denver to buy all the Asian supply and Halal meat. But we did not feel like it. We spent the morning having fun playing with the snow. Aqif were busy scooping the snow to his orange bucket. He even ate those snow when nobody is looking and when I caught him doing that he simply said, "Ice mama.. ice..." and smiles. Yeah, right!

We still go to Denver though.. we were so bored that we just get the coat and head to I-25 and straight to Broomfield to find a new found Asian stores. It was half past 4 when we leave the house. After missed the store and made a U-turn several miles ahead, we found the Pacific Ocean Market. It was big and they have varieties of Asian foods. I bought Squid brand fish sauce, taugeh and black soy sauce which is not thick enough but sufficient enough considering it's very hard to find.

Eventually, I prefer shopping my groceries at Vietnam stores in Federal Boulevard so we head South to those stores. I was afraid the stores will close as it was already half past 5. Luckily, we made it and so I bought some more lemongrass (serai), fresh kuey tiaw, bihun, sawi and some other sauces. We tried to find Zaytoon International Market to buy halal meats but somehow we got lost and it was already 8pm and so we headed home. It was silly though, I know. We had tapau Fish Sandwich at Arby's on the way home. It was OK but I prefer Wendy's fish fillet. It's more delicious! So, that was that. Snow and Denver. We had both although the kids not enjoy the ride to Denver.

0 comments:

 
Just Blogging! © 2008. Design by Pocket