Saturday, January 12, 2008

Menjejak kaki di bumi Amerika - entry 2

Saturday, January 12, 2008
Note: ni adalah posting lama date bila pun tak ingat, boleh???

Last night was horribly, terribly freezing cold. I bet last night the temperature must be between -10 to -18 degree Celcius. We were all freezing in the house. My hubby end up covered himself in a kain pelikat. I mean, I can count he wore kain pelikat less than 10 times during our 6 years of marriage and I still bring a piece of it. Well, just in case. For the record, I even brought a kain batik panjang here. It's not that I wish for the bad things to happen but you know the terms "just in case" means?

OK, back to the freezing night, we end up sitting and enjoy our fresh brewed coffee and watching TV. Although the coffee is cheap according to the US dollars but yeah, it's worth it. Sipping your coffee and chewing cucur ikan bilis oats with sweet thai sauce, late at night, the air is cold and chilly, it's simply rewarding! I went to bed at I guess half past 1 in the morning and woke up today to find that everything is covered with snow outside. I mean, yeah, this is my third time to watch snow alive and it's just amazing.

I have an appointment with Paul this afternoon. We're going to buy a Van, a 1998 Plymouth Voyager Van to be specific. Oh! He's here already..gtg

It turn out that Mr Paul is an old man I mean, he must be around 60s something. He's nice too and since my kids cannot ride in a vehicle without a proper child seat so I have to stay home and my hubby has to go with Mr. Paul to test ride the van. After all, he have better driving skill than I am and he's good at engines too. If I am the one to see the car, I would probably judge the car by the cosmetics, not the soul. OK, let's wait for hubby .

While waiting, my boys had a quarrel over my hubby's laptop. Aqil wanted to search for "Bully" in the internet and Aqif wanted to watch Power Rangers DVD. It turned out that Aqif, in order to show his rage, had purposedly spilled his milk on the keyboard. I was so furious and took him to his room. We cannot lock the door as all the doorknobs is our little apartment don't have a lock. So, I just let him remained in the room for while. After 2 minutes, I checked on him. When I opened up the door, he was nowhere to be seen. Guess what, he had this favorite spot that he just found out the day we moved to this apartment. So, I left him hiding in there and came again to check about 10 minutes later. There he was, fall asleep in his secret hiding place with his mouth slightly open. I left him be. Do not disturb your child when he's sound asleep!

Back to my future vehicle, I like it, we both like it. It cost us $2000 (you would never get it in KL!) and we have to take driving license here and etc. Right now, it is so good to have a vehicle. It's kinda old but roomy enough for all of us. Plus, if you want to drive long distance, the Van just perfect for our tight budget. The long distance here is nothing like the long distance I would have call each time we going back to my place in Alor Setar. Yupp, in Malaysia, we define KL to Alor Setar is long distance but here, we define Fort Collins to Vegas, or to LA or perhaps to New York? So, tomorrow I am going to give away $2000 for the Van. It's equivalent to RM6,600.


Nota: pos je lah draft ni, maleh nak pk dah


0 comments:

 
Just Blogging! © 2008. Design by Pocket