Sunday, August 17, 2008

What's cookin'?

Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's been a while since I last posted my cooking images. Well, let say I simply not in the mood of putting up pictures of my cooking anymore. Still, I just love to cook simple things and honestly, being abroad definitely widen my cooking skill which I consider no skill at all, but still impressive results! Let see, shall I make some review of my cooking, eh?
  1. I know how to make Nasi Lemak now, it still taste good although without the pandan leaf and all.
  2. I haven't make laksa yet, I'm going to but I just don't know when.
  3. Making noodles dish is absolutely easy. Hmm, I never thought it was that easy!
  4. I still struggle to make good Nasi Tomato. Last time I did, the evaporated milk was not handy so I'd used coconut milk instead. Taste still good but somehow it lacks the spices flavor. Hmm, I should put more of the spices eh?
  5. Curry? Just bring it on, even without curry leaf, the taste still good! I like to use yogurt in my curry because you no longer have to use tamarind juice as the yogurt already gives you the sour you needed plus the creaminess of the curry.
  6. Popcorn? Any 7 yr old kid can do it. I also did the caramel syrup but when you pour over the popcorn you have to put those guys back in the oven to make it crunchier.
  7. Curry puff - done it! But I still don't understand why my frozen karipap tends to crack open when frying. The freshly made seems to work very fine but not after it was frozen. Hmm, too many filling or is it my dough?
Well, that will be all. Just made Bread Pudding today with strawberry sauce. We bought white bread but apparently we prefer the whole wheat better. So, the bread was totally neglected and me being so not to waste any food, suddenly remember my mom used to make us bread pudding with raisins in it. I don't put any raisin but I have some frozen strawberries in the freeze. I don't know how to use it so I just made kind of sauce out of it. Taste good too but my pudding is a bit sweet. I have to reduce the sugar in it next time.

0 comments:

 
Just Blogging! © 2008. Design by Pocket